No matter what browser, I abuse my favorites folder as a pile for every link I find somewhat interesting. Turns out I’m also incapable of dumping all these links switching to a new machine. To import or export your stuff from IE9 complete the following steps…
- Open your Internet Explorer.
- Click the Favorites button, then click the arrow next to Add to favorites and choose Import/Export.
- Select import from file or export to file.
- Select what data you want to import/export (Feeds, Cookies, Favorites).
- When exporting favorites, select the specific favorites folder you want to export.
- Define the folder in which to export your favorites or the import file.
- By default, IE9 creates a file “bookmark.htm” when exporting.
- Click the button Import / Export.
From my experience, it is possible to import data from older versions of Internet Explorer.